Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Feelin good today!

I'm learning to make the most of the days that I'm feeling well instead of being enormously frustrated on the days when I'm not.   We have the CO visit this week and I'm so excited that my energy is good!   The doctor said my kidney has finally cleared up hooray!   That yucky cleanse and all the water I've been drinking must have done the trick.  Right now just trying to get some other health stuff in order one by one.

In the meantime,  I'm working on finding what will work for me for the next service year.   I'm also getting ready for.....  beet harvest!   It's that time of year again for me to go back to work in the Midwest.   You guys have any good energy boosting tips to get me through our 12 hour shifts besides holy spirit and coffee?!   I'm starting to wrap my head around having a plan b, c,  and d for next year if I can't return to my assignment in Nicaragua.   Do I go to a territory that is less physically challenging?   Boring!  Another country?  Not likely.   A congregation in need in the States... possibly.   Bethel US or Mexico?   Who knows!   Right now I'm focusing on getting my health in order and asking Jehovah to guide me.   No matter what capacity I'm serving in,  I just want to be busy in Jehovah's service.   I want to have some good stories to tell Jonah in the new system,  lol.

On another note,  some of you ask how longterm needgreaters support themselves.   Well,  normally I can stretch my harvest money to last a year.   But,  since I had to return here to the States early this year,  I knew my savings would get eaten up quickly.   Friends and family have been great about letting me couch surf (bouncing from couch to couch every other week.)  They also treat me to an occassional burger in service when they see me eating peanut butter and jelly.   (Hey,  I loooove my pb &j but it seems to make some people feel sorry for me :'( )  But anywho,  to supplement myself till harvest,  I have a new trick up my sleeve.   Jewelry.   I'm not at all one for selling stuff but if I could afford to keep it all,  I would!   I met two local pioneer sisters in Nicaragua who make beautiful crystal jewelry by hand to support their family and their ministry.   I also have a pioneer friend from Mexico serving in Nicaragua and he is also making jewelry to support himself.   So...  I brought a bunch to the States to sell.   It works out well because helps me get my bus fare to the Midwest and helps support 3 other pioneers too!   You can't beat that with a stick!  I'm only selling it locally right now since I'm not sure how much postage would cost but if you want to see it,  I started an instagram account called "kim51480".   They are all quite talented.

To all who have sent me well wishes thanks so much.   They really help me on my "whoa is me" days!   I hope you all are well!  Nica Chica B-)

CO week....  Woop woop! 
Preach the wooooord throughout the laaaand!!!  (Marching in place with the music) love that video




8 comments:

  1. GIRL! To much coffee gives me an infection (caffeine ). Glad ur feeling better, SO worried about u. Jah will surely put u to good use, no matter what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the coffee is bad but by 3am I need something! I am feeling alot better though! Maybe we will FINALLY get to meet if you are back to nica next year!

      Delete
  2. Peanut butter & banana on wholewheat toast is said to be a better energy boost than coffee or sugar. It lasts longer. I've tried it and I think it's true! So glad you're having better days. Enjoy the beets. We were at Philip & Luisa Robleto's not long ago down here. They'll be there for the beets too. You never know, we might be joining you one of these years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm i eat that every morning with a little honey.... so good! I know the protein keeps me full but I never thought about it for energy. Good tip!! Keep em coming!

      Delete
  3. Have you thought about teaching English, or freelance work online? That's what we are going to be doing to support ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know a couple of people have mentioned that to me. My laptop crashed though rip. Do you do that in the States or in your assignment? What company do you use?

      Delete
    2. I freelance mostly, thru Odesk. I haven't gotten my TEFL certification yet, so I don't work for any actual company. You might want to try Colingo.com, They pay pretty good and work with your schedule. They do require you to speak some Spanish as well, which is why I haven't tried them.

      Delete
    3. That's really good to know. I'll have to look into it. Thanks ;-)

      Delete