Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Friday, September 27, 2013

On the road again...

After several months of getting stronger and enjoying my time in Atlanta, I'm headed to the midwest to work the beet harvest yet again.  My mom sent me off with breakfast of champions and called me at every layover, lol.  I thought I would be bussing it all the way but, at the last minute I found a super cheap flight to Minneapolis so I flew most of the way and just bussed it for the second leg of the trip.

I buy my boots extra big in the men's section so I can layer a bunch of socks for warmth.  Unfortunately, this also causes me to trip over my own feet.  Add that to the weight of the bag causing me to get off balance and knock into people and you have pretty good entertainment!

Mmmm..... my mommas biscuits!
I felt pretty cool navigating my way from the airport to the bus station on public transportation for the first time.
I spent the night at the bus station in Fargo.  Everyone else oppted to sleep on the floor while I stayed up and read.  This gentleman must have been having a really good sleep!  (Y'all wouldn't have believed me if I hadn't taken the photo!)
Home sweet home for the next several weeks!  A loving family a few cities over let two sisters and I use their camper for the harvest.  They even stocked us with lots of blankets, space heaters and other comforts.


We even have a cute doorbell that says "No boys allowed!" when anyone rings  it, lol.  I'm opting to walk the mile and a half to work each way to work to try and get my stamina back up.  We'll  see if that lasts as it gets colder!  Many other witnesses have returned this year.  Since the local congregations are at their assembly this weekend, we'll take our first roadtrip to Fargo to get in some long days with the Spanish congregation there.  Then its "Hi ho, hi ho....it's off to work we go!"




1 comment:

  1. Great to see your trip went well. Nice photo editing!! And nice accommodations. Don't get too worn out and if you see Philip & Luisa tell them Rachel & Charley say Hi.

    ReplyDelete