Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nicaraguan Weight Loss Secret

This has got to be the best kept secret for weight loss on the planet!  When I went to the coast several months ago I started dropping weight like crazy.  At first I thought it was the strenuous activity and heat.  But, I knew it had to be more.  Everyday I found myself crazily craving sweets from the local bakery to the point that even the owners jokingly warned me that I was going to gain a ton of weight before I left.  Au contraire!  In fact, once I got back to Granada I kept on losing weight despite still craving tons of sweets and carbs.  Twenty pounds lighter I found out that I that someone had given me one of Nicaragua's best kept weight loss aids.  Guess what it is?!

Parasites!

Not sure what I ate or drank but I finally got em.  I say finally since most people who stay here for any length of time eventually get parasites.  Just one of those things!  All you do is take a couple of pills for a few days and no more worries.  Like I said, I didn't even have any symptoms except the weight loss and sweets/carb cravings....hmmm maybe I should have kept them!  The bad news is, the only reason I found out about the parasites is because I got really sick from eating something else I shouldn't have (hey some of that street vendor food is too tempting to pass up!)  By the time someone dragged me to the doctor kicking and screaming, I had all kinds of infections and other things wrong with me.  I asked the doctor to please just give me all the antibiotics and medicines since I had a flight to Atlanta the next day.  She looked at me like I was crazy and told me there was no way I could fly.  It's true, if I had gone to the airport, people in hazmat suits probably would have grabbed me and thrown me into quarantine cause I was looking kind of crazy at that point.  I was going to push and go once I found out that the fare would be twice as much if I changed to the following week (I barely had enough for the ticket in the first place!)  But, Jehovah had mercy on me.  Since the airline had made an error with my flight to begin with, they agreed to a courtesy change with no change fee and told me not to worry about the fare difference.  I was elated to be able to rest and recuperate for an extra week before heading home for a quick visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment