Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Monday, June 6, 2011

You Can Find Me In The A!

Time is really flying!  I promised my family and friends that I would visit home (Atlanta) midway through my journey here in Nicaragua.  I missed the halfway mark 2 months ago but, finally, 8 months in, I headed home for a two week visit.  The intention was to work the whole time I was there either doing some temp work or random house cleaning, dog walking etc. but the economy was rough!  So, I stayed in the ministry and just visited everyone and Jehovah took care of me in the end after all.  Here are some of the photos of friends and family in my beautiful hometown!

My brother took me from the airport and we went straight to the breakfast buffet at Shoney's to start fattening me up!  He took such good care of me cooking and spoiling me the whole time I was at home.


The first few days I was home, the temperature was in the 40s and 50s and my body went through shock all over again.  Several sisters let me borrow warm weather clothes.  I thought I was handling the cold ok but one morning in service a sister "tricked" me by inviting me into her house to grab some tights then saying would continue in service immediately thereafter.  Once in, she practically had to hold me down in front of a heater and give me coffee and warm lunch as she insisted I not go back out because she could tell I was freezing!  Thanks Sis. Wyche!
Bessie with literature in all languages preaching at the train station.

Yvonne and her bible student who works at the train station

Bro. Locklear and I
Ready for Ministry!

Friends I met at another train station
Looks like we are in the woods but it's actually in front of someone's house!

While in Atlanta, I got to see two of my friends get married.  Aren't they cute?!

We were all excited for a chance to get dressed up!













Thanks for letting me go shoe shopping in your closet, Qianna!

Night out with friends



Atlanta is so pretty at night!


Some of my friends had a gathering for me and cooked all the soul food I had been missing: ribs, greens cornbread etc. It was soooooo good!



Lunch with Ellington and Marian (I did alot of eating on this trip!)

Aunt Claire

Aunt Cherrie

My cousin James, me, Uncle Carl, Aunt Debbie and Aunt Claire



Koi pond in my aunt's yard

Last meeting at the Kingdom Hall with Qianna


My mom and I




1 comment:

  1. Awh Kim we miss you so much here.... and I am going to get you for all those pictures of me around.. LOL ! i was a pleasure entertaining you and just having you around to encourage me as you always do. The work that we are all commissioned to do is so important and I admire your choices you have taken in which to serve Jehovah whole souled. Keep it up and who knows maybe one day ill be there with you. hummmmmmm!

    Tell the Familia there hello and Yoga doggy too.... LOL !

    Love ya Kim stay strong and much Love from Georgia and Avondale Estates Congregation.

    ReplyDelete