Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Giant Spider

Why?  Why did my great day have to end like this?  Ok, I'm being a little dramatic right now but I'm still a little freaked out.  We had a wonderful meeting, and I had a good time in the ministry afterwards.  I came home and had a yummy dinner and decided to lay here and watch some TV.  Just as I was starting to drift off to sleep, something caught my eye.  I took a double take and there it was.  This HUGE spider coming in from the crack around the roof scurrying down the wall above the TV.  Now, I have all kinds of geckos, spiders ants, mice etc in my room all the time but when they get to a certain size, I start to get a little nervous.  I actually have one of this same type of spider in my shower now but he sits there and doesn't bother me so I don't bother him.  But this one......oh this one!  It was the size of my hand and moving waaay too fast for my liking.  I just stared at it for a bit as it darted back and forth looking for a suitable spot to perch.  Then, I finally realized I needed to put shoes on and go find bug spray.  The whole time I kept my eyes on it just in case it spotted me and decided to leap from the wall and attack me to wrestle the bug spray out of my hand!  By the time I got to the door, he decided he was bored of my room and exited back out of the roof.  I'm all about living in harmony with nature and all, but I can't live with that.  I sprayed poison all along the roof inside and out as the dog watched in wonderment as I poked around with my flashlight outside.  So now, I'm wide awake again..staring at the spot he came in through and choking on the fumes of all the bug spray.  Rather than try to read or relax again what have I been doing? Searching the internet to find out what in the world kind of spider that was!  Sidebar-there are alot of really weird people in the world who are obsessed with spiders and have all kinds of websites dedicated to them.  Really strange.  I finally found a picture of it.  Again, I've seen different sizes of it but never this big.  I've had taranchulas in my room but at least they are still and sedentary not running all around.  Forgive me for rambling, still a little nervous...ok so here is a picture I found.  Apparently it is a huntsman spider.    Yep, I'm gonna sleep REAL well tonight :-(




No comments:

Post a Comment