Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Friday, February 3, 2012

The friends' Sacrifice for the Pioneer Route

I forgot to mention this in the last post but I've heard some really encouraging things from some of the friends participating in the Pioneer Route.  Although the route is considered to be like temporary Special Pioneering, each person is completely financially self-sufficient.  Many of the friends have gone through great lengths to make themselves available.  One young sister took photographs and pasted them to card stock to sell as post cards to make enough money to go.  She gave some of the cards to a local store to sell and unfortunately the store was robbed of money and many of the cards so she was unable to earn money from them.  Since then, she has made more cards and is also selling cookies so that she may serve on the route.  She continues to work in harmony with her prayers to make enough money to go.  Another family has two young ones in their late teens whom are going on the route.  One has been pioneering for a year and only working part time but started working a lucrative job full time over the last several months to save for the route.  The other just graduated high school a couple of months ago and landed a much sought after job immediately.  It is very difficult to obtain jobs such as the ones they had and since their parents are having trouble finding work, the income is helpful.  As soon as it was time for them to go on the route, however, both quit their jobs choosing to rely on Jehovah to care for their needs and the needs of their family.  Their parents are their biggest cheerleaders in encouraging them to reach their spiritual goals.  I had the chance to meet a couple who were sent from Mexico to assist here in Nicaragua.  In order to come, they spent 6 days on a bus, spending each night in different Witnesses' houses in each country they passed through.  They had never met any of the friends before.  They had to save for 11 months in order to serve for one month here in Nicaragua.  Did they regret their efforts?  They considered it a privilege, not a sacrifice.  As I continue to meet ones participating in the route, I will try to relate their experiences.  In the mean time, please keep these courageous, self sacrificing brothers and sisters in your thoughts and prayers.

"I thank my God always upon every remembrance of you in every supplication of mine for all of you, as I offer my supplication with joy, because of the contribution you have made to the good news from the first day until this moment.  For I am confident of this very thing, that he who started a good work in you will carry it to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.  It is altogether right for me to think this regarding all of you, on account of my having you in my heart, all of you being sharers with me in the undeserved kindness. . ."(Philippians 1:3-7)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment