Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Get to Know Our Need Greaters- Patrice

Get to Know Our Need Greaters
Patrice

Where are you from?

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Why did you choose to be a need greater?

I haven't officially become one yet, but it's a goal that I wanted to experience short term, to see if I could do the long haul.

Why Nicaragua?

I was invited by young sister, that was going and she happily invited me to come. I was going on vacation, and hadn't decided where to go yet. So when I mentioned it to her, she said, "You should come to Nicaragua with me!" So I started making plans the next day to go and praying to Jehovah and wow!  There I was serving in Granada, Nicaragua!

Have you served anywhere else?

No, :-(...but I'm working on changing that.

How long will you be here and how long have you served thus far?

I was there for 10 days, and I loved every day of it. I'm looking forward to returning soon. I'm making all things a matter of prayer to Jehovah. I can't stop thinking nor dreaming about this wonderful experience. As each day goes by, I keep this wonderful experience and hope to return and serve for a much longer time or permanently.

How did you prepare to come?

On a prayer. Thanks to Jehovah for his Holy Spirit that comforted me, encouraged me and strengthened me. For Lawd knows I don't like to fly..LOL! and I was traveling alone. This was only possible with Jehovah's help and the loving brothers and sisters that assisted me along the way. And of course I OVER packed, but I did not forget my tea tree oil. It came in so handy for me (to repel mosquitoes)...HEHEHEHEHE! I don't like mosquitoes; that was a challenge for me face too...EEWWW!

Were you worried about anything before coming?

Yes, I was. COULD I REALLY MAKE THE ADJUSTMENTS IN MY LIFE STYLE?  WOULD I GET SICK?  WHAT IF I CAN'T HANDLE IT, EVEN SHORT TERM?  I didn't want to disappoint Jehovah, nor the friends and family that assisted me on coming and going.

Have you had to overcome any challenges to get here or while serving here?

Yes-getting time off work. I made it a strong matter of prayer and proceeded to buy my ticket and talked with the brother to help me find a place to stay. Jehovah made it all possible.  And, I had to overcome my fear of speaking Spanish and understanding those that I had to communicate with. And the mosquitoes as well...lol. I didn't get too many bites.  Yay for me!


Do you have any highlights or good experiences from being here?

The highlights of working side by side with the need greaters. Being taken under their wings and shown the ropes. The opportunity to work with the missionaries and preach from isle to isle and to attend the floating Kingdom Hall, with the Spanish congregation friends.  To see those who truly rely on Jehovah to provide for them, without a doubt. Seeing many young ones making the truth their own, and putting Jehovah first in their lives. Meeting friends for the first time, and have them open up their home, and making you feel like you are at HOME! Being able to support the first English assembly held in Granada. OH! And i can't forget the baseball game on my first night there. I was so tired and happy, I didn't realize that I was in Granada, Nicaragua until 2:00 AM, when I woke up and realized where I was, and immediately gave praise to Jah for allowing me to arrive safely and sound.

How has being here brought you closer to Jehovah?

This has helped me to fully appreciate Proverbs 3:5,6 more than ever. I felt Jehovah's spirit guiding me through the whole experience, each time I prayed for his help.   I have tasted and know that Jehovah is good, and it was great!

What advice do you have for others thinking of coming?

JUST DO IT! JEHOVAH WILL BLESS YOUR EFFORTS! If you don't you will just regret it.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Sister! I'm from california and will be going to Masaya Nicaragua in 2 weeks to serve for a month. thank you for posting these pictures that have really encouraged me and made it clear that i've made the right decision. May Jehovah keep blessing your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nessa! Masaya is super close to Granada. Let me know when you get here and get settled. Maybe you can come to our meeting one Sunday and we can grab lunch
      :-) You are going to love Nicaragua!!! Agape

      Delete