Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

El Salvador

This year marked the very first time that the English congregations from several countries  in Central America all met together for the District Convention.  Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador were there.  Not to mention all of the needgreaters.  I met friends from all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Australia, Britain and Czek Republic...just to name a few!!  We had 3 baptized-ages 12, 16 and 17.  Friends came by boat and over land-some over 20 hours, through 3 countries.






 Once we arrived the friends gave us sandwiches and sodas.



 The first day, we were welcomed to El Salvador by having our first taste of pupusas.  Boy did they ever live up to all the talk!  And for 60 cents each, I could definitely eat them every day.  I especially liked the ones with cheese and a little flower called loroco.




The pupuseria had the smallest bathroom ever!!

 Convention!



 The first day, the air conditioning was ice, ice cold.  Since I'm not used to A/C anymore I was shivering like crazy despite having a small jacket.  I ended up with a head cold.  This sister sat behind me on the first day and saw how miserable I was.  So, on the second day she brought me a super warm sweater to wear!  She spoke no English and we only briefly introduced ourselves the first day, so to know that she had that much love really touched me.  We truly are a unique people!


































No comments:

Post a Comment