Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Helllllooooo World!

Hi everyone!  Sorry for the hiatus.  There is always so much going on!  After much prayer I decided to move permanently to my assignment from the pioneer route on August 1st.  Yup, I'm living in the boonies and loving it!  I have two roommates and we are living in a nice little house a few houses down from where we were originally staying.  Originally, the house was just a concrete structure but the brothers and sisters all came carrying pieces of wood and heavy board and built us simple rooms so that we have a little privacy.  The friends have been so loving- chopping wood (by machete) for our stove bringing us little gifts of rice, bananas  and huge sacks of mangoes.  Every week it seems our students give us little gifts of milk from their cows, fresh cheese etc.  Everyone is always there to take care of everyone.  Studies are going great.  At the moment, I have 16.  I am beyond busy trying to prepare in English and Spanish for all of them.  The students encourage me by telling me when my reading is getting better and telling me it's ok when I get embarrassed that the words don't come as quickly as I'd like.  We all laugh about it and once I review, sure enough they have gotten the point!  Holy Spirit is such a blessing!  I will miss all of my friends in Granada but am happy to be with my new friends in Miramontes.

I do get an Internet signal there but I also have to wait for the Internet company to be working AND for there to be electricity in order to get online.  Sometimes it's difficult to get all three at once.  That, and our very busy schedule makes it hard to update the blog so, posts will be less frequent.  I still have more photos from the Pioneer Route which I will try to get up eventually.

Two weeks ago, I had the privilege of going to our District Convention in El Salvador.  For the first time, we had all of the English congregations from Honduras, Nicaragua and El Salvador together.  It was like a mini international convention.  Many new friendships were made and everyone was giddy the whole weekend.  I'll post some of the pictures and stories as soon as I can!

Right now, I am in the States working the sugar beet harvest again.  It's been nice to see the local friends again.  Also this year, we have many more Witnesses whom are serving in various parts of the world whom are coming up to work.  It's giving us a great opportunity to explain more about our work.  I'm working about 8-10 hours a day now with weekends off (which is how I have time to type this now!)  But in about a week, we'll go into our 7 day per week 12 hour per day schedule.  I hope to get a few posts up before that happens.  I hope the new service year is going great for you all.  To my family and friends in Atlanta, I will see you all in a month or so after the harvest ends!

Philia,
Nica Chica

1 comment:

  1. Just about half an hour ago I was thinking "I haven't seen any blogs from Kim lately". And then there you are!!! We're so proud of you for your move to the boonies. I assume you're working with Philip & Luisa so please them Rachel & Charley say Hi and look forward to seeing you all when you're back in Nicaragua!

    ReplyDelete