Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Saturday, December 14, 2013

What once was lost has now been found!


I packed enough food for a family of four while traveling on the bus including about 10 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!  Most of my busses were pretty empty so I only came across a few interesting characters (no complaints here!).  For some reason the bus company routed me a really long way home...adding an unneccessary 12 hours onto my trip.  They were unable to route me correctly and later on I was glad.  Unbeknownst to me, a series of tornadoes touched down along the path I was supposed to take!  I was so glad Jehovah protected me and I didn't insist on them changing my ticket!




Nobody travelling from North Dakota this morning?

Peanut butter jelly time!

Some people had no problem catching a little shut eye in the bus station.

Half way through the trip, my bag was lost.  They told me it would probably meet me at my destination but, one week later I was still bagless.  Unfortunately, this also meant I was passportless!  And with only 2 weeks before my flight back to Nicaragua!!  I immediately started running around trying to get my missing documents replaced.  On my first stop, a young Spanish speaking young lady approached me with a question about the local buses.  She was surprised when I answered her in Spanish.  From there, we talked for the next hour.  It turns out, she had just arrived from Honduras and was still very upset about the death of her mother and nephew the year before.  She told me that the previous day, she had been inconsolable thinking about it.  Amidst her sobs and crying out to God she got a knock on the door.  Obe guess who it was!  She spoke with the Witnesses from the local Spanish congregation and said she felt so much better after hearing about the Bible's hope for the dead.  And now that she met me, she really thought Jehovah was talking to her.  I showed her a few things on jw.org and we swapped info.  We continue to stay in contact and I hope she will accompany me to a Spanish meeting soon :-)  In other good news, later that day, the bus company found my bag with all of it's contents intact! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful experience! Doesn't it feel good when Jehovah can use you. Especially, when you needed to be distracted from worrying about your bag. He helped her and you at the same time. Plus to top it off peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete