Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Diamante

I've commited to helping out in a city called Diamante every Friday since there are very few publishers to help there.  There is only one bus that goes there every morning at 7AM and one bus that comes back at 12:30PM.  This week is the CO visit which has been very encouraging.

 Setting up for the meeting for service.  The sister in front is splashing water on the ground to make hundreds of white mothlike bugs "wake up" and fly away.



Although we are working on a lake and not the ocean, it's been very windy, hence the waves.

I've got my Spanish presentation written in case I draw a blank!


 Go to where the people are!  This morning many are washing clothes in the lake.



 

Waiting for mommy to finish washing.



Boys playing at the lake.


Are you sure there are houses up here?!

Smile! 
 


This young sister was very shy and quiet as she is a new publisher but, her partner made her feel at ease !

 New BFFs! 

Taking a break

 Becky and the COs wife.  She is a missionary from Germany.


Here comes the bus!

 The CO advised us to put a sign in the front of the bus adverstising the special talk on Saturday morning.

  
 Here is a better picture of the sign.  It's the one on the right.  The one on the left is advertising a party Saturday night.  Hey!  Ladies half price! lol Sidebar: Getting slightly off subject, I don't think I ever mentioned the party bus in Granada.  I was out one evening when all of a sudden one of the city buses drove by.  The city buses are run down old school buses.  This bus, however was a party bus.  There was music blasting, disco lights flashing and people dancing in the aisle!
   




1 comment:

  1. Hey Nica Chica! I love your blog. You just commented on mine www.be-a-needgreater.com. I may email you soon to get some details regarding monthly finances. So glad to meet others that are serving where the need is greater.

    ReplyDelete