Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Monkey Mania

Anyone that knows me well knows that I really, really like monkeys.  Why?  I can't really tell you but I just do.  Anywho, I was upset that I didn't get to see any monkeys last year in Costa Rica so I'm glad that I get to see them often in the ministry here!



It kind of looks like I gave him a cigarette but I swear it was only bread!

Now before you go feeling all sorry for the chained monkey, check this out.  His owner owns the pulperia (corner store) in the background.  So everyone who buys a snack wants to feed the cute monkey.  I happened to have some pico bread which is a sweet pastry which he happily gobbled down.  Then, a brother behind me handed him some plain white roll they were eating.  He sniffed it then threw it on the ground.  Puzzled, the brother gave him another piece.  This time he sniffed it, threw it down then picked up a coconut shell and threw it at all of us!  Apparently he only likes sweets.  So the brother handed him a lolly pop (below) and all was forgiven.





No comments:

Post a Comment