Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Boat to Corn Island



Last on my places to visit on my trip to the Atlantic Coast was Corn Island. Fortunately, we were able to ride over with some of the friends who were leaving the assembly.   There were three options of boats we could take to get there since we couldn't afford the flight-- a small speed boat, a middle sized passenger boat or a large commercial ship.  We took the middle sized boat.  Boy was THAT the wrong choice.  The inside was fairly comfortable and even had AC and a TV that played a loop of Mexican videos.  The first hour was uneventful but once we go to the open ocean, it was another story.  I had never been on a boat like that before so I wasn't sure if I'd get seasick.  I was super nauseas but managed not to have to use my sea sick bag.  Many were not so fortunate.  Some people literally crawled off the boat, still sick.  It was truely a miserably six hours during which I hoped this island paradise would live up to all the hype.  Only time would tell.




Always a bad sign when they pass out sea sick bags before you leave.
  Some of the friends from the Corn Island congregation that rode the boat with us.

 I really regretted eating that pastry!





No comments:

Post a Comment