Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Friday, July 22, 2011

Special Assembly Day

At the beginning of the month, we had our Special Assembly Day for all English congregations and groups in the country.  The location was in Bluefields- one of the cities that I visited on the Atlantic Coast back in February.  (Click here for more Bluefields stories).  Many friends worried that they would not be able the 10 plus hour journey for financial reasons.  But, our brothers announced the total cost of the trip and told everyone to contribute what they could and no one would be left behind.  Once we arrived, we were all assigned to room at various brothers and sisters' houses.  Even on the way there, we all shared our snacks and sandwiches so no one was hungry.  Jehovah truly takes care of those who put their spiritual needs first!


  They did spell "Psalms" correctly before the sign went up, by the way :-)

Hall cleaning one day before the convention.  This is the first time I've attended a convention in a Kingdom Hall.  There were less than 300 of us in attendence so I really did get a chance to meet nearly everyone!
Michelle being silly
One of our Bible students helping out.
Brothers preparing for a part
Lisa and I

The sister I was staying with had a part.  I was so excited!  She is a single mom with two daughters-both of whom are now pioneering.

Glynis and Lisa from my hall gave a demonstration.

I was interviewed about being newly baptized (3 years) and how my study conductor and congregation in Atlanta helped me along.  I went on to explain how I have now learned to rely totally on Jehovah.

Cute family

Another look at the platform


Sister peeling shrimp for the brothers she hosted at her home for the Assembly.

Say cheese!  The couple in the middle work in Bethel translating Miskito language literature.

Cindy and I

Newly weds Michelle and Alexander  :-)

Excited at the intermission
Alexander, Michelle, Glynis and Bob-all in Granada English Group

Me with Brother and Sister Moore from UK.  They are a CO couple I got to know while I was serving in seldom worked territory.  They are so sweet!  They recently were assigned to Mexico.  I will miss them very much.

My friend Fen and I 

Another need greater couple

Gathering after the Assembly

Our boats left the port at the same time so the two hour ride became a race to the next city!



This is a picture (of a picture) we took before heading home.








1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for posting pics of Shell and Alexander! That's my baby Sister. Cool that you are in their Group/Congregation and staying with the family she stayed with. It's a small world huh? I really like your blog and all the pics you have here. It makes me feel like I am there. You will meet my mom and daughter at the Convention I bet. Thanks again. Sara Hardy from FL

    ReplyDelete