Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bible Students Doing Well

I have the privledge of conducting about 14 studies right now.  So needless to say I'm quite busy and happy.  It brings me alot of joy and really humbles me.  I came to Nicaragua a few weeks after completeing pioneer school  six months ago so this is the first chance I've really had to regularly put into practice some of what I learned (since people here understand me!) Here are pics of some of the students and their kids- many of whom you will see were at the meeting on Sunday.
 Yamilette and her daughter.  Yami is very excited about her study so we meet twice per week.
 My friend Jean and I at the meeting
Millicent, Baby Brittany and Millicent her daughter.  This family, along with a teenage son who is not in the picture, walk several miles to get to the meetings.  Little Millicent is excited about her study and he mom says she studies with other kids in her neighbor hood and even defends the Truth when other kids challenge her.  She loves Jehovah very much.

Two more of my students- Danisha and Jaleel.  Danisha enjoys giving many comments at the meeting and has been giving literature to her teacher to read and has even taught bible stories to her classmates.  Jaleel  is shy but lights up whenever it's time to go to the meetings.  She ran up to my roomate on the street asking for a "yellow book".  After discerning her genuine interest a study was started.  She is always well prepared having studied her lesson far in advance.  Her mother says she sits on the porch bursting with excitement waiting for me to come study and to pick her up for the meetings.  Her notepad is below.


A very sweet family who is doing well in their studies.

Three Canadian sisters, Jean and some of the girls with whom I study.


My friend Fennellia


Cute baby of a bible student (mama was feeling camera shy!)


Daughter of a bible student


Sister Kelly and her student's daughter

Kids playing while their mom finishes her study

This is one of my favorite pics.  I was assisting on a study and these two little girls needed something to do.  So, I kept them occupied with the kids feature in the back of our magazine so their mom could concentrate.  I think they had fun with it :-)

This is Daleesha.  She is something else!  I study with her older sister.  Everytime I come, she sits down and flips through a book saying, "Jehovah" over and over like she is reading.  After awhile we have to focus on our study but she keeps right on.  When we ignored her she started to yell, "Study!" and would follow us wherever we went.  The only thing thaat quiets her is a book or a bible.  So, I asked her if she wanted her own "study" with her own book and she lit up.  Now she runs in from playing when arrive and gets her big girl chair so she can learn a bible story.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment