Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Preaching Photos Part 1

All of the roads are dirt and rock so we wear hiking boots to preach.  There are very few vehicles in town but the few that pass through cover us in dust in the dry season.


This is a really awful picture of me but I figured you'd get a kick out of seeing me hitch a ride in a horse cart.

Kids enjoying a Bible story book while their mom studies.

Brother waiting for the rest of the service group to arrive


Listening attentively at the service group.


The people are very friendly.



There is a man laying on he back in the back of this horse cart.  Can you tell what he's reading :-)?



See the mountain off in the distance on the left?  That's where they are going to preach!  Notice I'm at the BOTTOM of the mountain taking the photo :-)


This bird landed on a sister's head while she was napping.  When we continued service, he didn't want to leave so she picked a mango, fed him and he came home with her!  
Another sister placed the bird on her lap and played the Kingdom Melodies on her phone while she stroked his head.  After a few minutes, he was fast asleep :-)

This is the view as I sit and wait for the bus after giving studies in a distant territory.  

Sister trying to help me get barbed wire out of my skirt.  I'm always getting caught in fences!  More about that later....

All smiles after making it to the end of a 30 mile hike preaching in the mountains.  We had a quick lunch and walked the 30 miles back.  I'll tell you more about those long preaching excursions later.


I was this dirty after getting out of the truck BEFORE we even started preaching.  Throughout dry season we were always covered in dust from head to toe.

Cooling our water bottles in a creek during a short break.

One of the local brothers wondering why I'm taking pictures of everything!
Sometimes the local people will see us hiking long distances and invite us to fill our water bottles at their well.  We are always VERY grateful as this always seems to happen right when we are almost out of water.

I was so proud of this little brother on this morning.  His mom and  uncle were unable to come out on this day so he rode his bike several miles to meet us in the territory.
Two girls I was keeping occupied while their mom had her Bible lesson followed by a reading lesson.

Meeting for service.


I think we found a sheep!
An example of the roads during rainy season.

Little girl selling tortillas during on of my Bible studies.





2 comments:

  1. What fantastic photos. Thanks so much for sharing. It's so very encouraging to see!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see yours again once you get back!!

      Delete