Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day at the Beach

Here are a few pictures from a day in San Juan del Sur.  It's about 1 1/2 hours south of Granada via bus.  The bus cost me about $1.75.

Family from Rivas along with Micah from Tennessee who also serves in Rivas.  After returning from dinner one night, I walked in my room to find a tarantula the size of my hand.  I freaked out and had a complete girly moment of panic shoving Micah (whom I had just met) into my room since he was the first brother I could find.  He walked in and got it out like it was nothing!  I gotta keep friends like that around! 

Josh who was visiting Rivas from South Carolina

While everyone was surfing, I walked the beach for seashells and did a search a word lol.  I was scared to take up the offer for swimming lessons in the ocean :-(
Woo hoo!
I should have found a box to stand on!


Playing in the sand
Hermit crab

These are partly nervous smiles as we were about to embark on a back woods way from the secluded beach we were at to go to another one.  We had to cross rising creeks and other scariness.  There was no way to judge how deep the creeks, mud and puddles were so we just had to gun it and plunge right in.  Thank God for 4 wheel drive and prayer!

We watched the sunset as we ate pasta that the girls had made.  Once the sun was down, I walked on the beach looking at all the stars.  There were no lights around so I was really awestruck at Jehovah's creation.  I even saw a shooting star and venus!





1 comment:

  1. ..and that's why I love the beach...and the mountains. You really get the opportunity to reflect on how truly awesome our God is. BTW the tarantula thing. yeah, go ahead and be a girl. SCREAMING is allowed. hahaha. Miss you lots.

    ReplyDelete