Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Monday, October 25, 2010

Who needs water and electricity! (pic of my room too)

There are so many things that I am now used to but I am remembering to post since you may be surprised at.  For one, most places here do not have hot water, including the house where I live.  Since it is so hot here, I really don't miss it.  What I do miss at times is water PERIOD.  Nicaragua has pretty regular citywide water and electricity outages where you come home and surprise!  No shower for you! *lol*The good thing about it is that people are used to it so you always have a reserve of water.  For me, the reserve is a large trashcan of water I keep in my shower (see below).  Also, the family I live with, has several huge concrete containers full of water.  This is more than enough for cooking, cleaning etc for quite some time.  Everyone is not quite as prepared, unfortunately.  When we had a water outage a week or so ago, we ended up providing water for much of the neighborhood who had failed to prepare.  The really ironic thing is this is the week we were discussing cleanliness in our Ministry School.  Kind of hard to give a talk about how Jehovah loves a clean people when you haven't had a shower in 3 days!  Funny how some of the information we get makes a lot more sense in a different culture.  The brother talked about preparedness so that we always represent Jehovah well.  Good lesson.

Cement water tank in the middle of the yard


Random picture of my room while I'm thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment