Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Monday, October 25, 2010

Sad time

Well, a few of you know that my Aunt Mickey, my dad's only sister was diagnosed with a second type of cancer 2 months before I left.  Last week, she passed away.  I'm happy that I was able to spend a week with her in NY immediately before I left for Nicaragua.  Although I was not able to get back for the funeral, I was able to go to an Internet cafe and Skype in to the tie in line to hear the services on this past Saturday.  Subsequently, the talk at our meeting here on Sunday was about the resurrection hope.  The brother got all teary talking about the wonderful hope set forth in the bible about seeing dead loved ones again (Rev 21:3,4 and many other scriptures).  I was teary too as Jehovah gave me just what I needed right when I needed it.  Here are a few pictures of she and I from about a year ago.  I also added a picture of a funeral here in Granada from a few days ago.  They use a horse driven buggy to carry the body through the city to the cemetery.  There is a long group of followers behind it.

Making ice cream with Aunt Mickey

Funeral in Granada

1 comment:

  1. hay sis i talked to your brother an he told me that the aunt in NY. passed ...all are in my prayers.i am still trying to get together with your brother at the hall.the fish on a plate haha you go sis fish head is goooood i eat it here at home take care sis bro blackwell avondale cong. later.

    ReplyDelete