Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Monday, October 25, 2010

Simple things...

I'm constantly working to learn to relax (I schedule it and still don't do it!).  I'm always multi tasking and my mind is constantly racing.  That mentality does not fit in here at all.  So it's a huge deal that the other day, I was asked to bring a chair outside of the gate and sit.  Now this may seem simple but, it took me a second to figure out WHY we were doing that.  Everything has to have a solid purpose for me but I finally understood she just wanted to sit and relax...interesting.  I immediately grabbed my laptop, a couple of books a search a word etc then I got the novel idea to truely just sit.  So I sat and although antsy at first, it was nice.  Sitting, talking about nothing in particular and people watching as the sun set. 

I had a similar good time when a few of the neighborhood girls came by to wait for their mom.  Kids here are kids.  They play kick the can and do "kid" things.  So as they were swinging in the hammock giggling I told them to ask their mom if they could have their nails painted.  So I set up shop and painted their little toes and sent them off with big smiles.  I was smiling too.

1 comment:

  1. Truly kim, Don't worry, be happy... and relax while your at it. It really sounds like a Different World. I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete