Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Headed to the Midwest

After getting the info about the beet harvest from the friends, I could really see Jehovah's hand moving things.  Because I knew the friends, I was able to find a direct contact.  Otherwise, I would have had to wait another year.  The guy was really nice, and after a short phone call, he told me to come on up!  It was so easy that I started to second guess it as being too easy.  Another lesson I am continually learning is that when Jehovah has his hand in something, it flows as smooth as silk.  I told the friends I'd met that I was definitely coming up.  I think they were surprised and excited :-)    Although we had only had that 10 minute conversation at the convention, they arranged to pick me up from the airport so that we could carpool the 5 hours to the area where we would be working.  They even reached out to the friends they were staying with so that I could stay with them.  There were several other sisters coming up as well so we would just spread out in sleeping bags, couches etc.  I was thrilled!  In the initial conversation with the company, I was told that I would be outside directing trucks and keeping the beet piles swept up and clean.  I was fine with that but in the back of my mind I was concerned about the cold since I tend to get sick easily.  Right up until the time that we went to the office I continued to make it a matter of prayer that Jehovah sustain my health long enough for me to complete the harvest and so that I wouldn't be so sick once I returned to my assignment that I would take a long time recuperating.  Again, stepping out on faith taught me a lesson.  As we were driving, we got a call that another sister had opened her house to some of us so I would not only have a bed, but a room, score!  Once we got to the company, we filled out our paperwork and low and behold, there were some spots in the laboratory processing the beets.  The laboratory is INSIDE so I was out of the elements!  Hooray, no pneumonia!! Although we weren't supposed to start for a few days, the man asked the sister and I if we could take on a special role and start in a few hours.  So, that's what we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment