Now You're Talking My Language!

What Are These?

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Refined into a beet picker

As seen in a previous post, I visited Honduras a few months ago for their District Convention (click here for the pictures!)  There was a missionary couple staying at the same house as me.  One day on the way to the convention, the sister asked me how need greaters support themselves.  I told her I wasn't really sure since my savings were almost gone and I wasn't quite sure how I would continue to support myself financially.  I could see the wheels turning in her mind but she didn't say much more on the topic.  I had been making finances a matter of consistent, detailed prayer.  I asked Jehovah for a job where I could make what I needed in a short period of time without having to waste money going back and forth to the States often.  I also asked for something that would not have me working full or part time on a constant basis here since I wanted to be able to stay focused on the ministry 100%.  During the lunch session, the missionary sister introduced me to another sister, and said that she may have info about work.  We talked for a few minutes and she told me that she and her husband work a harvest once per year in the Mid-West.   It would be coming up in the next 2 months.  I nearly blurted out "I'll take it!!!!!" while she was in mid sentence!  So what is this glorious job that will allow me to keep serving Jehovah in my assignment??!!  The sugar beet harvest!  I thought it was hilarious but I was all for it.  I couldn't help but think what a sense of humor Jehovah has.  I was looking for a cushy corporate job like I'm used to and he said, 'nope kiddo, you're gonna get down and dirty for this one!'  I've always liked working with my hands and getting into my work so we swapped info and I started to have dreams of sugar beets (what ever those are!) in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment